The Academy is beginning our search for the multitude of jobs needed for a successful season. A critical member of the team is the leader of the food program. The Academy Food Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the corps’ mobile kitchen truck. Responsibilities include planning, ordering and managing the preparation of meals for the corps’ 200+ members and staff while overseeing a group of assigned volunteers. The Food Manager will work with our administrative team to ensure our performers are receiving the proper nutrition for their rigorous physical activity and schedule.
- Ability to Prep, Cook and Serve 4 meals a day.
- Plan meals for 200+ members and staff to ensure that all are receiving the proper nutrition for their rigorous physical activity
- Inventory management on the kitchen truck and pantry including maximizing storage space utilization
- Oversee food ordering through Th eAcademy’s SYSCO Foods account, Sam’s Club, Costco, etc. and local food ordering as necessary
- Coordinate with the administrative team any daily needs outside of weekly food deliveries.
- Oversee kitchen truck volunteers.
- Responsible for the final unloading and cleaning of the kitchen truck when it returns to Tempe after the season.
Location and Schedule:
- The Food Manager will travel full-time with The Academy from approximately May 26th through August 13th.
- Preferably, the Food Manager would serve in this capacity during all training camps throughout the spring, which comprise of 5 weekend camps approximately once per month until May.
The Food Manager will receive compensation commensurate with experience. Additionally, all corps-related travel, housing, and meal expenses will be covered by The Academy. Personal travel and meal expenses are not covered.
- Knowledge of summer Drum Corps operations not required but desirable.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to delail, flexible, able to adjust to changes quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work with different personalities